During the recent Students’ Union Executive election, students turned out in their highest numbers in seven years to reach a 22.8% turnout. With Provincial and Federal elections on the horizon, it is important to pay attention to these ballot-box questions: is this the start of a new trend in youth voting? How do we ensure youth in Canada get to the polls?
This coming Monday, March 23, Ilona Dougherty from Apathy is Boring will be joining The Right Honourable Kim Campbell and Students’ Union President William Lau to discuss why young adults don’t vote and what you can do about it.
Monday, March 23
4:30 – 5:30
1-190 Edmonton Clinic Health Academy
For more information, please contact:
External Communications and Media Advisor
University of Alberta Students' Union
- Students' Union welcomes Dr. André Costopoulos, new Dean of Students ...
- Students' Council and General Faculties Council Election results
- University of Alberta increases accountability and transparency of Mandatory Non-Instructional ...
- Candidates announced for Students' Council and General Faculties Council Elections
- SU Election Results
- Candidates for the 2014-2015 SU Executive Election
- The CoSSS Fee and FGSR
- Students Concerned Elections Changes will Inhibit Youth Vote
- University of Alberta Students and Administration Make Positive Strides to ...
- Students Prepare to Launch an International Students' Association
- SU Releases Discussion Paper on the Peter Lougheed Leadership College
- The Students’ Union celebrates Green & Gold Day
- Continuing Undergraduate Scholarships On Schedule
- SUB Renovation Update: Phase 2 of storm sewer relocation work ...
- SUB Renovation Update: Site preparation for Phase 2 of storm ...
- Get Involved!
- The Daily Grind sets up shop, RATT reopens!
- Getting Involved in SU Advocacy!
- U of A Withholds up to $500,000 in Scholarships