University of Alberta undergraduates have selected a new executive team, voting on March 6 and 7 for the Students’ Union President along with 4 Vice Presidents and the undergraduate Board of Governor’s Representative.
Incoming President Petros Kusmu, currently the SU’s Vice President (External), noted that his team appeared to be coming up against a challenging year.
“I’m excited to have been chosen to fight for students in these challenging times,” Kusmu said, referencing the upcoming provincial budget’s 7.2% cut to the University of Alberta. “That said, I’m also looking forward to finding new opportunities to better the student experience throughout the next year as well.”
Kusmu will be joined on the executive committee by re-elected Vice President (Academic) Dustin Chelen, incoming Vice President (External) Adam Woods, Vice President (Operations and Finance) Josh Le, and Vice President (Student Life) William Lau.
The U-Pass Referendum once again passed by a large majority, with 84% of students voting in favour. The ISSS FAMF Referendum also passed, with 58% of undergraduate science students voting in favour of the fee.
Brent Kelly won an uncontested race, and was re-elected as an undergraduate Board of Governors Representative.
A full breakdown of election results can be found on the SU Elections website.
For more information, please contact:
External Communications & Media Advisor
University of Alberta Students’ Union
- Students' Union welcomes Dr. André Costopoulos, new Dean of Students ...
- Students' Council and General Faculties Council Election results
- University of Alberta increases accountability and transparency of Mandatory Non-Instructional ...
- Candidates announced for Students' Council and General Faculties Council Elections
- SU Election Results
- Candidates for the 2014-2015 SU Executive Election
- The CoSSS Fee and FGSR
- Students Concerned Elections Changes will Inhibit Youth Vote
- University of Alberta Students and Administration Make Positive Strides to ...
- Students Prepare to Launch an International Students' Association
- SU Releases Discussion Paper on the Peter Lougheed Leadership College
- The Students’ Union celebrates Green & Gold Day
- Continuing Undergraduate Scholarships On Schedule
- SUB Renovation Update: Phase 2 of storm sewer relocation work ...
- SUB Renovation Update: Site preparation for Phase 2 of storm ...
- Get Involved!
- The Daily Grind sets up shop, RATT reopens!
- Getting Involved in SU Advocacy!
- U of A Withholds up to $500,000 in Scholarships