News Staff - Fri Feb 15, 2013
The nomination deadline has passed and the candidate lineup for the 2013 Students’ Union executive election is set!
Your 2013-2014 nominees are…
Horse with a Gun (Joke Candidate)
Vice President (Operations and Finance)
Vice President (External)
Vice President (Academic)
Vice President (Student Life)
Board of Governors Representative
2013 Referendum Question
Students' Council has approved the following question to be on the 2013 Executive and Board of Governors Representative General Election Ballot:
Do you support the continuation of a Universal Bus Pass (U-Pass) subject to the following conditions?
1) The U-Pass would provide unlimited usage of regular transit service through Edmonton Transit System, St. Albert Transit, and Strathcona County Transit during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer Terms only to undergraduate students enrolled in at least one course for credit within the participating municipalities' service area during the Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer Terms.
2) The cost of the U-Pass to each student would be mandatory to any student enrolled in at least one course and would follow the price structure below:
3) The following students may opt-out of the U-Pass:
a) Student enrolled in work-experience, co-op, or a practicum outside of the participating municipalities service area for a majority of a term;
b) Students unable to make use of ordinary transit services by reason of disability; and
c) Students employed by Edmonton Transit System, St. Albert Transit, or Strathcona County Transit.
4) Students enrolled at Augustana are exempt from the U-Pass.
Decide whom you’ll cast your vote for during the campaign period leading up to the election by following the campaigns and attending the forums.
The first will occur Wednesday February 27 at 6 p.m. in Lister Centre’s 2nd Floor Cafeteria.
Voting days are March 6 & 7. On those days, you can vote online or at the polling stations in SUB and Campus Saint-Jean.
See you on the campaign trail!
- Students' Union welcomes Dr. André Costopoulos, new Dean of Students ...
- Students' Council and General Faculties Council Election results
- University of Alberta increases accountability and transparency of Mandatory Non-Instructional ...
- Candidates announced for Students' Council and General Faculties Council Elections
- SU Election Results
- Candidates for the 2014-2015 SU Executive Election
- The CoSSS Fee and FGSR
- Students Concerned Elections Changes will Inhibit Youth Vote
- University of Alberta Students and Administration Make Positive Strides to ...
- Students Prepare to Launch an International Students' Association
- SU Releases Discussion Paper on the Peter Lougheed Leadership College
- The Students’ Union celebrates Green & Gold Day
- Continuing Undergraduate Scholarships On Schedule
- SUB Renovation Update: Phase 2 of storm sewer relocation work ...
- SUB Renovation Update: Site preparation for Phase 2 of storm ...
- Get Involved!
- The Daily Grind sets up shop, RATT reopens!
- Getting Involved in SU Advocacy!
- U of A Withholds up to $500,000 in Scholarships