Welcome to Student Group Services - where involvement begins.
Student Group Services supports student life at the University of Alberta by providing programming and administrative assistance to student-run clubs and organizations on campus. Services included in our portfolio include:
- Student Group Recognition on behalf of the Dean of Students, Students’ Union, and Graduate Students’ Association
- Administering the Student Group Granting Program
- Facilitating Clubs Fair, the largest student group recruitment events on campus
- Executive Training for student group leaders
- Promoting student group activities and initiatives
- Supporting student groups’ use of BearsDen
- Maintenance of Student Group Office and Storage spaces in SUB
- Equipment rentals for student group activities
We are also happy to help you out with any questions or ideas you might have about student groups, such as:
- Recruitment strategies
- Conflict resolution/mediation
- Constitutions/governing documents
Need something? Come ask us!
Student Life Central, SUB 0-81:
SGS works closely with the support of InfoLink. They take on a lot of our front-facing correspondence and tasks, allowing us to help student groups with greater challenges and ideas. They are the quickest way to get an answer if you’re unsure about anything, and if they don’t have the answer, they’ll know exactly where to direct you!
With so many student groups to help oversee, we understand that from time to time you'll have questions that aren't answered anywhere in writing -- even in our expansive categorized FAQ! For those times when you need an extra helping hand or listening ear, book an appointment to see us!
If you have a question about the Student Group Granting Program, please book an appointment with Kristin.
If you need to talk about your Registration application, or matters around the SUB student group office/storage space, please book an appointment with Charlotte.
For any other student group topics, feel free to book with either one of us, and we'll be happy to help you.
Who is SGS? Check out our bios and learn more about the team!
09:00am - 5:00pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW