Where involvement begins.
Fall Clubs Fair 2017
Fall Clubs Fair will be four days on the Main Quad! From September 5th - 8th, join us in the WoW Village, home of games, Beer Gardens, and of course, Student Group Recruitment Headquarters for the start of the school year!
Fall Clubs Fair is the place to be to meet clubs and promote your student group to students looking to get involved on campus.
How to Sign Up for a Table:
- Make sure your student group is up-to-date with all your registration and training deadlines -- without those, you will not be able to access the signup. Not sure? Check our tracking sheet here.
- Follow the link below to select the shifts your group would like to attend Fall Clubs Fair.
- Confirm your payment method -- and if your group will be paying with student group cheques, start coordinating now!
- Sign up for an Info Session: July 26th or August 16th
Other Stuff to Know:
- We will not be limiting the number of shifts that any one student group can reserve. All tables for all shifts will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Groups will be assessed a no-show fee if they are more than 30 minutes late for or entirely miss a shift! No exceptions.
- Locations at tables will change each day, so it is imperative that the first student(s) arriving for tabling shifts check in with SGS Staff!
- At least one member from every group wishing to participate in Fall Clubs Fair must attend at least one of the Info Sessions.
University departments can contact email@example.com to get a table spot at Clubs Fair. Organization external to the university can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a table spot at Clubs Fair.
Clubs Fair Operating Policy
The Clubs Fair Operating Policy is now available for download! Please be sure to take some time to read through and understand this document before coming to the information sessions.
Clubs Fair FAQ
Why do we have to pay for a tabling spot? Fees for Clubs Fair help to cover the cost of equipment rental -- the tents that keep the weather at bay, the tables for group displays, and all of that! The actual cost of these rentals is highly subsidized already, so we just need the little extra from groups to ensure we can have the best event possible! This also ensures that groups will show up to the event: we can't have Clubs Fair without clubs!
How can I pay for my registration? You have two options: either pay with a credit card during your registration order, or select "cheque" on the registration form to pay with a student group cheque in person. Please note that we will not accept personal cheques. Student group bank accounts must have dual signing authority, so student group cheques with only one signature will also not be accepted.
Help! I don't know if my registration went through. How can I check that you received it? If you would like to check on your order status, please contact us at email@example.com .
Will tables be assigned in advance? How will I know where my group's table is at the Fair? The map for Clubs Fair will be confirmed in the last week of August. We will have the finalized lists available at Clubs Fair check-in each day. Make sure you (and the other members of your group that will be recruiting) come to check in with SGS Staff at the start of your time slot on each day of Clubs Fair.
Still have questions? Send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org!
09:30am - 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
Student Group Services Office
0-81 Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW