About The Landing
The Landing is a support service at the University of Alberta main campus that offers support for 2SLGBTQ+ students. We strive to promote gender equity on a broad scale and advocate for the safety and acceptance of individuals of all genders and sexualities in campus life. As part of this mandate, we support 2SLGBTQ+ communities and individuals as well as their supporters, friends, family and loved ones.
Visit our Linktree to find out more: https://linktr.ee/Thelanding
Visit Us In Person Monday to Friday, 12pm-4pm.
Visit Us On Discord
On our server, you'll be able to request one-on-one peer support, participate in queer chatrooms, attend programs and events, access resources and referrals, join private identity group channels, and more! While the queer chatrooms are open 24/7, one-on-one support is available from 12-4 Monday to Thursday. Join our Discord Server by clicking this link!
What do we offer?
- Regularly scheduled drop-in community building hours staffed by volunteers
- One-on-one peer support services
- Gender transition guidance and support
- Voice training in partnership with OUTspoken
- STBBI testing in partnership with HIV Edmonton
- 200+ item lending library, check out our collection here and fill out this check out form to request an item or visit us in The Landing!
- Food security snack program in partnership with the Campus Food Bank
- Education sessions for students, staff, organizations and the general public
- Awareness campaigns, advocacy, outreach and events
- Volunteer opportunities - apply to be a volunteer using this link!
We strive to promote gender equity on a broad scale, and advocate for the safety and acceptance of individuals of all genders and sexualities in campus life.
The Landing's mission is to effect meaningful change in the quality of life of students at the University of Alberta who are marginalized on the basis of gender and/or sexuality, by providing support services that are available for all students, and by promoting student-led initiatives to address the needs of 2SLGBTQ+ communities at the U of A and beyond. These goals rest on four key pillars: Visibility, Support, Inclusivity, and Community.
Goals and Values
In order to provide a safe, inclusive, and welcoming space, we believe in creating an environment that is:
- Respectful of confidential and/or personal information
- Inclusive of all genders and sexualities
- Welcoming of all definitions of family
- Trans positive
Check out our services tab to learn more about our programs, and check out our facebook and Instagram pages to find details about events, meeting themes, and dates!
In-Person Mondays through Friday from 12-4pm and Discord 24/7 with staff support from 12-4 Monday to Friday.
0-68A Lower Level
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW