About The Landing
The Landing is a Students' Union service at the University of Alberta main campus that offers support for gender and sexual diversity. We strive to promote gender equity on a broad scale, and advocate for the safety and acceptance of individuals of all genders and sexualities in campus life.
As part of this mandate, we support LGBTTQQPIANU+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Two-Spirit, Queer, Questioning, Pansexual, Intersex, Asexual, Non-Binary, Unlabelled, and more) communities and individuals, as well as their supporters, friends, family and loved ones.
- Regularly scheduled drop-in hours staffed by volunteers
- Peer mentorship, support, resources, and referrals for students working through issues around gender and sexual identity and related stressors
- Education sessions for students and staff of all genders and sexualities
- Awareness campaigns, advocacy, outreach and events
- Volunteer opportunities
In order to provide a safe, inclusive, and welcoming space, we believe in creating an environment that is:
- Respectful of confidential and/or personal information
- Inclusive of all genders and sexualities
- Welcoming of all definitions of family
- Trans positive
Check out our services tab to learn more about our programs, and check out our facebook page to find details about events, meeting themes, and dates!
Fall/Winter Term Hours
Monday to Thursday
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed Friday to Sunday
By appointment only;
contact by email or phone
0-68A Lower Level
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW