About The Landing
UPDATE ON COVID-19:
Our drop-in space and programming spaces have been closed until further notice. We are offering our drop-in peer support space online through Zoom Monday to Wednesday from 12PM to 3PM and Thursdays from 4-7pm. Download the app or head to their website, click "join a group" and enter our code: 534-744-191. You can participate with voice and audio, audio only, or text only.
The Landing is a Students' Union service at the University of Alberta main campus that offers support for gender and sexual diversity. We strive to promote gender equity on a broad scale, and advocate for the safety and acceptance of individuals of all genders and sexualities in campus life.
As part of this mandate, we support LGBTTQQPIANU+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Two-Spirit, Queer, Questioning, Pansexual, Intersex, Asexual, Non-Binary, Unlabelled, and more) communities and individuals, as well as their supporters, friends, family and loved ones.
- Regularly scheduled drop-in hours staffed by volunteers
- Peer mentorship, support, resources, and referrals for students working through issues around gender and sexual identity and related stressors
- Education sessions for students and staff of all genders and sexualities
- Awareness campaigns, advocacy, outreach and events
- Volunteer opportunities
In order to provide a safe, inclusive, and welcoming space, we believe in creating an environment that is:
- Respectful of confidential and/or personal information
- Inclusive of all genders and sexualities
- Welcoming of all definitions of family
- Trans positive
Check out our services tab to learn more about our programs, and check out our facebook page to find details about events, meeting themes, and dates!
Monday to Wednesday
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm via Zoom
4:00pm-7:00pm via Zoom
Closed Friday to Sunday
0-68A Lower Level
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW