Volunteer with us!
Are you passionate about gender, LGBTTQ2SPIA+ communities, intersectionality, and creating anti-oppressive spaces? Volunteer with us!
Volunteers at The Landing operate drop-in hours, run peer facilitated groups, give educational presentations to campus, and more. Commitment is 1-5 hours/week throughout the school year.
Undergraduate, graduate & doctoral U of A students, as well as recent alumni from all programs are invited to apply.
Additionally, we facilitate an LGBTQ2SPIA+ Student Advisory Committee through the Students' Union. Terms of reference for this committee can be found here. The application for the Advisory Committee can be found here
Drop-in Peer Support Volunteer
- Provide peer support during Drop-in hours (practice active listening, provide referrals, and provide support)
- Attend up to 20 hours of training on peer support skills (inquire for training dates)
- The majority of the Landing’s volunteers are on the Drop-in Peer Support Team
- Time commitment is approximately 2 hours a week
Regular Programming Volunteer
- Attend up to 20 hours of training on peer support skills
- Co-facilitate weekly/bi-monthly small group support sessions and discussions
- Time commitment is approximately 2-3 hours weekly
- Weaving Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Trans Meet-Up See Services page for more details on programs
Education Team Volunteer
- Attend Education Team training
- Present customized educational sessions on LGBTQ+, gender and sexual diversity themes across campus
- Time commitment varies by amount of requests from campus members
- Assist with backend support for the organization (such as postering, tabling, making pronoun pin buttons, setting up and tearing down events)
- A great position for an ally or community member who wants to support the ongoing sustainability of the organization with limited time commitment
Monday to Wednesday
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm via Zoom
4:00pm-7:00pm via Zoom
Closed Friday to Sunday
0-68A Lower Level
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW