Your Campus Connection
Camp Trailblazers is a camp run by AboutFace, a national charity that support individuals and families living with facial differences. Our mission is to promote and enhance the emotional and mental well-being of individuals with facial differences and their families through social and peer support, information, educational programs, and public awareness. Our programs and services aim to encourage and empower the facial difference community, families, friends, and allies while providing educational resources and public awareness campaigns.
Camp Trailblazers is looking for passionate, energetic, and responsible volunteers to support our camp programming (in-person and virtual). If you love camp and have a passion for supporting others, we want to hear from you. Our virtual camp programs happen year-round serving campers from across the country in one place.
Virtual Camp Volunteers are only eligible to support our year-round virtual programs. To be considered for our in-person programs, please see our other volunteer applications.
The time commitment for our year-round programs vary. There is no expected minimum number of hours you need to commit to for year-round programs. Applications are open year-round and processed seasonally.
• Creating a fun, safe, and inclusive environment for campers
• Assist in facilitating a virtual program with the support of camp staff
• Communicate any camper concerns to the Program Manager or Camp Coordinator
• Be a positive leader and role model for campers and fellow camp staff/volunteers
• Following the policies and procedures of our virtual programs
• Complete a mandatory volunteer training prior your first program (training sessions are held seasonally)
• Maintain Camp Trailblazers confidentiality during and after the camp session
Click here for more info...
Student Life Central (SUB 0-81): 9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
InfoLink Main Office
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW