Your Campus Connection
Are you a creative visual storyteller? The Alberta Aviation Museum is looking to recruit avid videographers to help us to create spontaneous and visually stunning storytelling moments that highlight our museum’s unique aviation narrative, historical events, and initiatives in programming and community outreach.
We are looking for passionate storytelling film buffs to join our communications team in expanding the museum’s digital media footprint. Whether your expertise is documentary
storytelling, or “reeling” in viewers through social media, applicants will be encouraged to play to their strengths and develop new skills in profiling Blatchford stories and museum
Videographers responsibilities include team collaboration with marketing, archives, and content creators in creating enticing media profiles and assets for our evolving museum
programs and services. If you are passionate about uncovering the next big story and creating colourful canvasses through film, we would like to meet you. Feel free to share
with us samples of your work along with your volunteer application. Ultimately, you will be joining a supportive team highlighting unique stories of Blatchford Field that appeal to our audiences, attract patrons to the museum and boost the museum’s brand and community awareness.
The following qualities are considered assets for this opportunity. Interested applicants at any skill level or expertise are encouraged to apply. Training will be provided:
• Experience in event/program videography
• Passion for aviation and its history
• Passion for doing historical research.
• Samples of work or past videography experience
• An understanding of video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro)
• Experience specializing in video content creation for any of the following platforms:
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok and Hootsuite.
• Ability to collaborate within a team.
• Excellent verbal communications skills.
• Positive and professional approach towards customer service
• Ability to take initiative and work effectively.
• Ability to set timelines and deadlines.
• Access to a camera (cellphone or otherwise)
• Experience in caring for specialized camera equipment.
• Education in marketing or social communications are considered assets.
Training will be provided.
Gain valuable experience and training to add to your portfolio or resume!
Faculty: All Faculties
Contact:Name: Erica d'Haene
Location:11410 Kingsway NW
Edmonton , Alberta
Starting May 3, 2021:
Student Life Central (SUB 0-81): 10am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW