Your Campus Connection
We are looking for volunteer content writers to join our communications team and enrich our social media conversations, website blog posts and newsletter, Blatchford stories and
Content Writer responsibilities include team collaboration with marketing and archive in researching and generating ideas for new content campaigns and digital newsletter features and updates. If you are familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we would like to meet you. Feel free to share with us samples of your work or your published articles, along with your volunteer application.
Ultimately, you will be joining a supportive team highlighting unique stories of Blatchford Field that appeal to our audiences, attract patrons to the museum and boost the museum’s brand and community awareness.
The following qualities are considered assets for this opportunity. Interested applicants at any skill level or expertise are encouraged to apply. Training will be provided:
• Experience specializing in content creation for any of the following platforms: Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok and Hootsuite.
• Passion for doing historical research.
• Samples of previously published articles or social media campaigns
• Familiarity with e-newsletter publications.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
• Ability to set timelines and deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate within a team.
• Positive and professional approach towards customer service
• Access to a camera (cellphone or otherwise)
• Familiarity with editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite
• Education in marketing or social communications are considered assets.
Training will be provided.
Gain valuable content writing and research experience!
Faculty: All Faculties
Contact:Name: Erica d'Haene
Location:11410 Kingsway NW
Edmonton , Alberta
Starting May 3, 2021:
Student Life Central (SUB 0-81): 10am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
Student Life Central
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW