Take Action

Students' Union Advocacy

There are many ways to Take Action and get your voice heard about an issue that is important to you.

Write to the Minister

You can write a letter to the Minister of Advanced Education, or phone, or email. Written correspondence is best:

Minister of Advanced Education
Legislature Office
10800 - 97 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T5K 2B6

It's not a bad idea to cc your MLA so they know you want change to educational policy.

Write a Letter to the Editor

Read a story that has you thinking? You can write a letter to the editor to let the public know your thoughts. Government officials read these letters with great interest.

Got a beef with your University? Are your classes not up to the quality you expect? Let the Students' Union and the University Administration know.


Let your family, friends and neighbours know how education policy needs to change. Encourage them to express their feelings to government and the public. Person by person, we can change government policy.

Get Involved with the Students' Union

You can volunteer for the Students' Union and help make events happen, spread the word and make your voice heard.

Contact the VP External at vp.external@su.ualberta.ca.

Facebook Twitter







Students' Union Executive and Administrative Offices
Room 2-900
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW
Edmonton, AB
T6G 2J7