Volunteer with WOW & Orientation 2019
Applications for Week of Welcome and New Student Orientation 2019 are now open! The Week of Welcome Team is the biggest volunteer group on campus, and has positions for people with all kinds of strengths and interests. By volunteering with WOW, you are presented with an incredible opportunity to change the life of a new student, and to create an inclusive environment for everyone at the University.
Faculty Leaders serve as the first point of contact for new students on campus! Faculty Leaders ensure both new and returning students transition smoothly into University life.
Responsibilities of Faculty Leaders include:
- New Student Orientation: Welcome new students to the university by facilitating campus tours, guiding students to educational presentations, ONEcard pickup, and answering Faculty specific questions. Faculty Leaders are also responsible for celebrating and instilling University pride at Presidents' Address.
- Welcome Events: Faculty leaders will be assigned a minimum of 3 Week of Welcome shifts such as - WOW Village, Pancake Breakfast, Quad Activities, Ticket Sales, Main Stage, and Evening Events.
Orientation Presentation Facilitator
As an Orientation Presentation Facilitator, you will sharpen your public speaking, presentation and facilitation skills by hosting informative, engaging, and exciting information sessions about student life
- Transitioning to University
- Mental Wellness
If you excel at speaking in front of large crowds, or are looking to develop those skills, and are passionate about helping students achieve success in their personal and academic lives, this position offers an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth and development.
Program Support Crew
Program Support members provide logistical support throughout the Week of Welcome program.
Areas of expertise:
- Registration and Headquarters: Orientation registration tent and help desk
- Inventory Management: Plan and manage the distribution and inventory of: Posters and marketing materials, handbooks, souvenirs, and giveaways.
- Site Crew: Efficiently carry out the setup, maintenance, and takedown of WOW Village, MainStage, and Evening Events.
Students' Union Executive and Administrative Offices
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW