Get Involved with SU Events!
UASUevents strives to host the best events on campus
Applications for Events Crew 2017/18 are open! Crew Members are driven, inclusive, engaged individuals with a passion for Event Planning, Management, and Marketing. Event Facilitators assist the staff in realizing the vision of UASUevents. By volunteering with the Events Team, you are presented with an incredible opportunity to make your mark on the experience of all students, and to create an exciting, engaging campus environment.
Events Crew Member
Crew Members serve as the senior level volunteers with UASUevents. You will work closely with experienced event planners and managers to ensure you have the necessary skills to host the best events on campus. Facilitators will be the primary voice in Student Events, and will be responsible for outreach, marketing, and execution of all major UASU events.
- Assist with the planning and execution of every major UASU Event.
- Attend and promote at least one UASU Event per month
- Distribute promotional materials across campus
- Engage with social media marketing strategies
- Engage directly with students and Student Groups.
Yearly Project: NEW Event!
In addition to these responsibilities, Event Facilitators will be tasked with developing a new event to be hosted on March 16th, 2018. This event will serve as an opportunity for the team to plan, organize, and execute an event of their choice.
Event Facilitators will be expected to:
- Generate and integrate creative ideas that translate into positive experiences for stakeholders
- Apply event management strategies and industry processes required to properly execute a major event
- Develop a dynamic, integrated, wide-reaching marketing communication strategy specific to the event
- Draft a budget proposal for the event
- Meet regularly with staff to discuss problems, questions, and possible complications, as well as to ensure the event is in alignment with Students’ Union best practices.
- Create a reverse timeline outlining all necessary procedures and preparations for the event.
All Event Facilitators will receive:
- Personalized Events Crew Jackets
- Events Crew t-shirts and sweaters
- VIP Entrance and free admission to major events (Year End Bash, Singer Songwriter Showcase, Comedy Night, Trivia Night)
- Discount cards at SU Businesses (L’express, Daily Grind, Undergrind, SUBprint, RATT, Dewey’s)
- Personalized business cards
NOTE: Because Event Facilitators will be hosting Campus Cup and AntiFreeze, you will not be permitted to participate in these events
Students' Union Executive and Administrative Offices
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW