Sell Your Textbooks
We're making changes!
SUBtitles is making changes to our consignment service.
We are closing our year-round consignment operations, and beginning this fall, we will operate a short-term "pop-up" consignment store within SUBmart for the first couple of weeks each term.
Due to this change, SUBtitles is not currently accepting new consignments.
We will begin accepting new consignments again for our "pop-up" store just before the start of the Fall Term -- please check back later in the summer for exact consignment dates!
Do you currently have books on consignment with SUBtitles?
Not to worry -- we'll hold on to your books until we open up our "pop-up" store in the fall, and we'll put them on sale there for you!
If you prefer to get your books back before then, no problem. Any books currently on consignment can be picked up by the consignor at any time (during regular Account Inquiry hours of operation, listed on the right).
SUBtitles levies a 15% commission on all consigned textbooks, returning 85% of the consignment price to the consignor. This commission finances the operation of the business and various other Students' Union services.
Remember that at the time that you drop off your textbook, you will have chosen to be paid by either cheque or by Interac e-Transfer. Details on each payment type are listed below.
Payment by Cheque
Cheques are issued periodically throughout the year. As items are sold, consignment cheques are produced and made available on or after the next scheduled issue date. All cheques are distributed at SUBtitles.
NEXT CHEQUE ISSUE DATE:
- August 16th, 2017
Last Cheque Issue Date:
- April 12th, 2017
Cheques are held for pick-up for 6-months from the date of issue, at which point they become stale-dated and the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union. It is the responsibility of the consignor to check with SUBtitles periodically.
Payment by Interac e-Transfer
e-Transfers are issued periodically throughout each academic term. Once an item is sold, the consignor will receive an email (sent to the email address on file with SUBtitles) containing information on how to claim the e-Transfer.
Please ensure that you are checking your email account regularly, as e-Transfers are only valid for 30 days, at which point they expire and become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
For more information on how e-Transfers work, please visit the Interac e-Transfer website. Please ensure you are eligible to receive an e-Transfer (i.e. you have an account with a Canadian bank with accepts e-Transfers) or otherwise request that you receive payment by cheque.
- Due to changes we are making to our consignment service in Fall 2017, any books currently on consignment can be picked up by the consignor at ANY TIME (during regular Account Inquiry hours of operation).
- The consigned price of a textbook may not be changed at any time while on consignment.
- SUBtitles reserves the right to return to the consignor any text that is replaced by a newer edition.
- Any items not sold after one year of the initial date of consignment will be considered expired.
- Consignors will have an additional two months from the expiry date to pick up their unsold items. Any items remaining will become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
- Cheques must be picked up within 6-months of the date of issue, after which time they become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
- Due to consignment procedures, all textbooks purchased are a FINAL SALE. There are exceptions to this rule at the beginning of each term. Check with SUBtitles staff at the time of your purchase.
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 12:00pm &
1:00pm - 2:00pm
Closed on all statutory holidays
Main Floor (Room 1-40)
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW