Sell Your Textbooks
Used Book Consignment registration is currently CLOSED!
In Fall 2017, SUBtitles made changes to our consignment service.
Instead of our previous 12-month consignment term, we are now accepting consignments on a short-term basis at the start of each academic term.
Fall 2018 Consignment
- Monday, August 20th to Friday, August 31st
- Drop-off is available Monday to Friday, 10:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm
Unsold Item Pick-Up Period:
- Monday, September 17th to Friday, September 21st
Pickup is available Monday to Friday, 10:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm
IMPORTANT: Unsold consignment items not picked up by Friday, September 21st at 3:00pm become the property of the UofA Students' Union and may be disposed of.
- June 22, 2018 and September 19th, 2018
When you consign your books with SUBtitles, you have the choice to be paid by either by Interac e-Transfer or cheque. Details on each payment type are listed below.
Payment by Interac e-Transfer
If an item is sold, the consignor will receive an email (sent to the email address on file with SUBtitles) containing information on how to claim the e-Transfer.
Please ensure that you are checking your email account regularly, as e-Transfers are only valid for 30 days, at which point they expire and become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
For more information on how e-Transfers work, please visit the Interac e-Transfer website. Please ensure you are eligible to receive an e-Transfer (i.e. you have an account with a Canadian bank with accepts e-Transfers) or otherwise request that you receive payment by cheque.
Payment by Cheque
If an item is sold, a consignment cheque is produced and made available on or after the next scheduled payment date. All cheques are distributed at SUBtitles.
Cheques are held for pick-up for 6-months from the payment date, at which point they become stale-dated and the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union. It is the responsibility of the consignor to check with SUBtitles periodically.
You can alternatively sign up to have your cheques mailed to you for a small service charge.
Did you consign books prior to September 2017?
Any books consigned prior to September 2017 are not displayed on the SUBtitles self-service management website. Please email email@example.com for information about the status of your consignments prior to this date.
For items consigned prior to September 2017, the following policies apply:
- SUBtitles retains a 15% commission for all items sold.
- The consigned price of an item may not be changed at any time while on consignment.
- SUBtitles reserves the right to return to the consignor any text that is replaced by a newer edition.
- Any items not sold after one year of the initial date of consignment will be considered expired.
- Consignors will have an additional two months from the expiry date to pick up their unsold items. Any items remaining will become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 12:00pm &
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Main Floor (Room 1-40)
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW