Sell Your Textbooks
Used Book Consignment registration is currently CLOSED!
This Fall, SUBtitles made changes to our consignment service.
Instead of our previous 12-month consignment term, we are now accepting consignments on a short-term basis at the start of each academic term.
- 2017 Consignment Drop-Off Periods: Thursday, September 7th to Friday, September 15th and Monday, December 11th to Thursday, December 21st
2017 Unsold Item Pick-Up Period: Monday, September 25th to Friday, September 29th
2018 Consignment Drop-Off Period: Tuesday, January 2nd to Friday, January 12th
2018 Unsold Item Pick-Up Period: Monday, January 22nd to Friday, January 26th
IMPORTANT: Fall consigned items not picked up by Friday, September 29th and Winter consigned items not picked up by Friday, January 26th become the property of the U of A Students' Union and may be disposed of.
When you consign your books with SUBtitles, you have the choice to be paid by either cheque or by Interac e-Transfer. Details on each payment type are listed below.
Payment by Cheque
If an item is sold, a consignment cheque is produced and made available on or after the next scheduled issue date. All cheques are distributed at SUBtitles.
NEXT CHEQUE ISSUE DATE: October 11th, 2017
Last Cheque Issue Date: August 16th, 2017
Cheques are held for pick-up for 6-months from the date of issue, at which point they become stale-dated and the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union. It is the responsibility of the consignor to check with SUBtitles periodically.
Payment by Interac e-Transfer
If an item is sold, the consignor will receive an email (sent to the email address on file with SUBtitles) containing information on how to claim the e-Transfer.
Please ensure that you are checking your email account regularly, as e-Transfers are only valid for 30 days, at which point they expire and become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
NEXT E-TRANSFER ISSUE DATE: October 11th, 2017
For more information on how e-Transfers work, please visit the Interac e-Transfer website. Please ensure you are eligible to receive an e-Transfer (i.e. you have an account with a Canadian bank with accepts e-Transfers) or otherwise request that you receive payment by cheque.
Did you consign books prior to September 2017?
Any books consigned prior to September 2017 are not displayed on the SUBtitles self-service management website. Please email email@example.com for information about the status of your consignments prior to this date.
For items consigned prior to September 2017, the following policies apply:
- SUBtitles retains a 15% commission for all items sold.
- The consigned price of an item may not be changed at any time while on consignment.
- SUBtitles reserves the right to return to the consignor any text that is replaced by a newer edition.
- Any items not sold after one year of the initial date of consignment will be considered expired.
- Consignors will have an additional two months from the expiry date to pick up their unsold items. Any items remaining will become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 12:00pm &
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Closed on all statutory holidays
Main Floor (Room 1-40)
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW