Sell Your Textbooks
SUBtitles is not currently accepting new consignments. Please check back later for our Fall Term consignment dates!
SUBtitles provides a consignment service for used textbooks. Leave your unwanted current textbooks with us, and we will sell them on your behalf and give you the proceeds, less a commission.
Any current University of Alberta text may be consigned including texts from the faculties of Medicine, Nursing, Law, Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Extension and Faculté St. Jean. SUBtitles maintains a list of University of Alberta textbooks, and accepts books on that basis. SUBtitles generally suggests a selling price of 75% of the current new textbook price, however, consignors are free to set any price.
SUBtitles levies a 15% commission on all consigned textbooks, returning 85% of the consignment price to the consignor. This commission finances the operation of the business and various other Students' Union services.
At the time that you drop off your textbook, you will have the option to choose to be paid by either cheque or by Interac e-Transfer.
Payment by Cheque
Cheques are issued periodically throughout the year. As items are sold, consignment cheques are produced and made available on or after the next scheduled issue date. All cheques are distributed at SUBtitles.
UPCOMING CHEQUE ISSUE DATES:
- February 15th, 2017
- April 12th, 2017
- August 16th, 2017
Last Cheque Issue Date:
- December 14th, 2016
Cheques are held for pick-up for 6-months from the date of issue, at which point they become stale-dated and the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union. It is the responsibility of the consignor to check with SUBtitles periodically.
Payment by Interac e-Transfer
e-Transfers are issued periodically throughout each academic term. Once an item is sold, the consignor will receive an email (sent to the email address on file with SUBtitles) containing information on how to claim the e-Transfer.
Please ensure that you are checking your email account regularly, as e-Transfers are only valid for 30 days, at which point they expire and become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
For more information on how e-Transfers work, please visit the Interac e-Transfer website. Please ensure you are eligible to receive an e-Transfer (i.e. you have an account with a Canadian bank with accepts e-Transfers) or otherwise request that you receive payment by cheque.
- Any consigned items must be left with SUBtitles for one calendar year.
- The consigned price of a textbook may not be changed at any time during this year.
- Textbooks may not be taken off consignment during the one year term.
- SUBtitles reserves the right to return to the consignor any text that is replaced by a newer edition.
- Any items not sold after one year of the initial date of consignment will be available to be picked up by the consignor.
- Consignors will have an additional two months from the expiry date to pick up their unsold items. Any items remaining will become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
- Cheques must be picked up within 6-months of the date of issue, after which time they become the property of the University of Alberta Students' Union.
- Due to consignment procedures, all textbooks purchased are a FINAL SALE. There are exceptions to this rule at the beginning of each term. Check with SUBtitles staff at the time of your purchase.
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 3:00pm
SUBtitles will be closed on Monday, February 20th for the Family Day holiday
Main Floor (Room 1-40)
Students' Union Building
University of Alberta
8900 - 114 Street NW